Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
sibeans
My Device: Style 9670

Desktop Software Issues

INFO:

- Sprint

- Style 9670 OS6

- plenty of internal storage space

- pulls dont work as it gets stuck in restart loop

hey, i had a string of problems with updates for the BB:

#1 app world (most recent update and the previous one) insisted for an update and ended up crashing the phone; ended up running 3.0 for a while....after a couple reinstalls and wipes and deleting appworld files on the sd card, now it runs the most recent app world version

#2 after having to reinstall all applications and settings, etc., the only app that doesnt work properly is iheartradio (which used to work fine) where when it is "fetching cities..." it's still processing (no freezing) but never gets to the main screen and clocks every now and then...tried 4 ways to solve it:

1. deleting app from appworld, restart and reinstall = no fix.
  2. deleting app from application storage, restart and reinstall = no fix.
  3. deleting app from home screenrestart and reinstall = no fix.
  4. using desktop software to delete the app, then reinstalling from app world........ran into another issue which is the main subject of this post

#3 so when i proceed with the core application update, everything installs and then it comes to the phone restarting, it gets stuck in an eternal restart loop....luckily i use BB protect as well as a backup to restore the phone but i'm reluctant to try the update again as it takes up too much time to restore the phone prior to the restart loop

please advise, thanks!

also, here's a link to show whats included in the update:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qayGFI0zCm6ZhFly0JNuAQt8HtJHkZr5MYDCXFb6ULQ/edit

i'm wondering if its a software issue as it seems OS6 support is dwindling...

New Contributor
sibeans
My Device: Style 9670

Re: Desktop Software Issues

*UPDATE

- turns out that downloading the iheartradio app directly from the website works flawlessly but i still have the same issue with the desktop software update