Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
FlipGirl
My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Dropped Style in Water

I dropped my Blackberry Style 9670 flip phone in the water this weekend. It was fully submerged for only seconds, but now the screen seems to have shorted out. I immediately put it in front of a fan, then dried it in a bowl of rice for two days. I can connect it to my computer and receive calls. I just can't get the screen back on. It had come on a couple of times, early in the recovery process, but now it's just blank. Any suggestions from experience? If not for the screen, for getting my phone numbers off?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Dropped Style in Water

If You can power it on, connect to your PC and run the BlackBerry Desktop Software ASAP and do a complete device backup.

Article ID: KB23680 Backup BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.1

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FlipGirl

Thanks, J, yes, I have backed up everything I wanted. It's just that I'm on a Mac and have never "synced" the two devices. I am about to travel and need my phone numbers. It wasn't clear to me which file held that data, when I looked into the hardrive while it was connected to my Mac.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

What's the second device, I might have missed something here.

If it's a BlackBerry, you can restore that backup file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FlipGirl

The Blackberry and the Mac.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Article ID: KB18776 Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data on a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Are you getting another BlackBerry device? If so, just backup the device and restore to another BlackBerry just as JSanders suggests. If you're not getting another BlackBerry, see if you can get it to sync with your Mac and then sync your Mac with the new device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Wetbb9670
My Device: Style 9670

My Style 9670 got wet as well but I already switched my phone to another unit(not a blackberry).  I realized that my contacts were saved on the blackberry phone.  I have never synced the phone. I can connect the USB cable but its asking me for the password of the device.  I entered my password but it didn't work.  Does the sync password same as the keypad password?

Please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FlipGirl

Thanks. I got another phone last week and was able to transfer all my contacts. I would still love to get my screen back, just to have a backup phone. It seems like such a waste, and I'm a big recycle fan. Thanks, again!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Wetbb9670 wrote:

My Style 9670 got wet as well but I already switched my phone to another unit(not a blackberry).  I realized that my contacts were saved on the blackberry phone.  I have never synced the phone. I can connect the USB cable but its asking me for the password of the device.  I entered my password but it didn't work.  Does the sync password same as the keypad password?

Yes, very same password.

Often users who have multiple numerals in their password will only press the ALT key for the first numeral and not those following, so for instance, if your password were "1234", you might have been pressing "Alt 1234" on the device, which makes the actual password to be "1ers".

Does that make sense? Does it sound familar to your usage?

So check the way you enter your password on the device... do you think you are entering multiple numbers but actually are not?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.