Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Contributor
lvbucki
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Email reconciliation

I have followed the instructions below, but I have one problem:

You can set the Wireless Reconcile option for each email address that is associated with your BlackBerry® device.

1. On the Home screen, click the

Messages icon.

2. Press the key >

Options > Email Reconciliation.

3. If the

Message Services field appears, set this field to the appropriate email account.

4. Select the

Wireless Reconcile check box.

5. Press the key >

Save.

When I press the Options key I see Home Screen Preferences and not Email Reconciliation

Help. Is there another way get to the Email Reconciliation Screen?

This is a newly swapped BB 9670 Stlye. I had it set up on my former Style.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email reconciliation

Hello,

From what you describe, it sounds like you are not doing step 1. Step 1 takes you INTO your messages app, from which you then click the Menu key to go into the Messages App options. The result you describe ("Home Screen Preference") happens when you press the Menu Key while on the HomeScreen and select those Options. So, all I can surmise is that you need to first go into Messages, so that your message list is displayed...then continue with clicking the Menu key and selecting Options.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lvbucki

I have followed the instructions as noted in my initial request.

After I have pressed the Message icon, I get the Options chose, but when I press Options, I get Hone Screen Preferences instead of Email Reconciliation.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That is extremely odd...therefore, anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lvbucki

Perhaps my device is not recognizing the first Option from the Message screen and as you suggest, goes directly to Home Screen Preferences.

Is there a way to determine that in fact that is happening?

Is that a possibility??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lvbucki

I have tried the battery pull.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

lvbucki wrote:

Perhaps my device is not recognizing the first Option from the Message screen and as you suggest, goes directly to Home Screen Preferences.

Is there a way to determine that in fact that is happening?

Is that a possibility??

I can't see how that could be a possibility. The Logo_Blue.gif key menu is context sensitive...so if you are in your Messages App with your message list displayed, the Logo_Blue.gif key brings up the options applicable to the Messages App, not the Homescreen.

Given your next post...since you've already tried the batt pull, perhaps you should provide us with a complete list of all you have already tried...so we can avoid further redundant advice.

Also, is this new behavior? Has the proper Messages Options Menu ever appeared? If so, think carefully...what changed just before this behavior? A new app? A theme? Something else? Think carefully...and undo whatever that was to see if things return to normal.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lvbucki

I recently acquired this particular Stlye 9670 (7-6-2012) on a swap from Sprint. It is a brand new device. I had my emails reconciled on my previous Style.

This has been occuring from the very start of this ownership.

Twice, when I attempt this procedure over the last week or so, I have had the priviledge of seeing the Email Reconciliation screen and followed instructions to Reconcile all 3 of my email accounts, but reconciliation has not taken place.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What is your specific OS level?

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

I'll try to see if I have a simulator of your exact model/OS level and see if I can replicate the problem.

Also, be aware that, beyond configuring for reconciliation, the actual things that will reconcile OTA vary by email service provider and are governed by this KB:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

So, if for instance an email service does not, as per the KB, support Deleted Item reconciliation, then configuring it in the Messages options will, while available to configure, be moot.

Further...maybe the Service Books are corrupt...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lvbucki

I see that you have gone above and beyond merely giving advice and I will respond to your aid. Since I didn't receive a quick reply last Tuesday, I thought that you had left me dangling.

I came back to the forum to see if anyone else could help because I am still without email reconciliation. If I can't get to the email reconciliation screen I am not going to get email on my device.

I will followup on your advice and continue.

Please use plain text.