Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Email reconciliation

lvbucki wrote:

I see that you have gone above and beyond merely giving advice and I will respond to your aid. Since I didn't receive a quick reply last Tuesday, I thought that you had left me dangling.

Oh...sorry about that...my reply was the same day, which is a customary turnaround time in a user-to-user community such as this. You see, as a volunteer here, I too have my life to live...I can only volunteer time here as free time comes available...there is no schedule of participation by the volunteers that support this site.

lvbucki wrote:

I will followup on your advice and continue.

Please to review all that is in that post as there is potentially very pertinent information for you. Also attempt those three steps...they typically can do no harm, and can usually resolve many email related issues.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
lvbucki
My Device: Style 9670

I realize that everything in these forums is voluntary and I really do appreciate all the help you are giving me.

BlackBerry 9670  

Smartphone (CDMA, Wi-Fi)   6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706,   Platform 4.4.0.560)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5

Branding Version 1.0.104.562N

I will follow through with other parts of your other input.

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

OK...I found a simulator with your same OS and model, but can't replicate what you say is happening. So, to be sure, I've put together the following animated gifs of what should happen, with the red circles being what key to press. Each start at the homescreen and then loop back there and replay from the beginning.

(Edit - nuts...the animations don't play when pasted into a post here...let me see if I can find a place to host them for you...)

OK...here they are:

As reference, how the HomeScreen Options are accessed:

As comparison, how the Message Options would be accessed:

So, if you are doing those first two steps in the second animation -- entering the Messages app, which results in the message list displayed (empty in the animation due to it being a Simulator), then pressing the Logo_Blue.gif key -- but are getting to the HomeScreen Options from there, then something is very definitely amiss. Let's see how the prior recommendations work out (HRT, Service Books, Reboot) before we head into more drastic territory (OS reload).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
lvbucki
My Device: Style 9670

Happy days are almost here again!!!

Registering HRT accomplished the most important step.

The message option gives me Email Reconciliation.

I should be able to stumble the rest of the way.

Thank you, thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome!!! Enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates