Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Three

GMS

On the right top corner all I seem to be getting is GMS I have checked the sim card to see if it is damaged and it isn't! And I am in my coverage area! What could this mean? Could someone please help
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: GMS

Hello

Welcome to the Community

Try rebooting the device by removing the battery while it's ON. Then let us know if this is still the coverage that you get. GSM is a coverage indicator that can only handle calls and SMS. Data service is off if it's on GSM.

You may also go to Options icon, select Mobile Network and switch the Network Mode to 3G. If you don't get the 3G indicator with a BB logo beside it, you can contact your carrier because it might be a network issue with them.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Three

It looks like I will have to contact my provider, as it still hasn't worked, but thankyou for your help
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here are some diagnostic articles for reference.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB02334 Network status indicators from the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/3G/4G networks

KB13381 Acquiring Service Connection message when activating over the wireless network

KB31560 How to perform a Network Diagnostic Test

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter