Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
lggrant
My Device: Style 9670

Help Clearing Browser Memory/History on 9670

I too am having trouble clearing memory in browser. I own a 9670 Style. 

I have used the "Options" and "cleared" all available options including caches (and also tried clearing pushed content). It will show that history is empty but retains all pages under "Recent Pages".  If i move back on the browser it will find old pages, presumably from "recent pages" saved. 

How do I clear all history, caches, etc. from browser?  Would like this to happen on each use of the browser as I don't wish to retain history if possible.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Re: Help Clearing Browser Memory/History on 9670

If you pull the battery out of your device does the recent pages clear out? Also what is the version of software that you have installed?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lggrant

Yes, when I pull the battery the recent pages will clear - however, very inconvenient and time consuming. This should not be the ongoing solution.

System says I have latest softwear version 6.0 Bundle 1659 (v. 6.0.0.415)

Seems a software glitch to me. 

Please use plain text.
RandomHero

I suggest that you backup your device data, then try to go through the following clean application load process: http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Once the reload is complete, test browsing and then see if a clear of the history and cache will work. If it does work, restore your backed up data then test again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lggrant

Thank you Random Hero for the suggestion. 

I conducted this clean install and it did not resolve the issue.  On Clear, the "History" is erased, but "recent page" history is not.

Please use plain text.
RandomHero

Did you restore all data from your backup? If so you can clear some of the browser databases then test to see if this resolves the issue. To do this follow the steps in this article: http://bbry.lv/lsuQXK 

Clear all Browser databases aside from Browser Bookmarks, then test.

Please use plain text.