Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Godfery305
My Device: Blackberry bold

Phone card error problem

Blackberry phone has a card error problem and cannot be formatted there. So, connect it to computer and also receive a not formatter error message. All the stored phone data also is inaccessible. How can I access the reserved data? Please, help me out.

Regular Contributor
Techvedic
My Device: I'm not blackberry user

Re: Phone card error problem

Hi,,

It's a sim card or memmory card. If not supported or showing in error in black berry phone. once try other phone.

than you will that it phone problems or your card problems.

thanks

Techvedic

Monroe4T4

Have you tried it on another computer with a different card Reader?

If you also get the same not formatted error problem, it could be the problem of your phone memory card. I hope it is not seriously damaged.

Just insert it to your computer and try to format it to check whether its problem could be fixed after you’d restored all your inaccessible data.

Do you know how to get data out of phone memory card with card error problem? Do not format it and do not use it for while. And then, select a data recovery tool to rescue your data, such as 4Card Recovery, PhotoRec, iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

There are many similar data recovery tools online. Just choose a practical one for your drive.

Do not forget to format it after data recovery.

Also remember to back up all phone card data well timely.

Anabel454

The not formatted error problem sometimes is not as serous as you think. In most similar cases, it can often be fixed by only formatting. But, since you want to access your reserved data, you may have to firstly rescue your data there. Only search over the internet, you can easily get one.

Read more detailed information of data recovery here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WPcrHgIPPY

Hope these words can help you somehow.