Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

My Device: Styly 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Phone constantly restarts/reboots

My phone is constantly restarting/rebooting it self.  I have pulled the battery, I have plugged in the phone; nothing seems to work.  I have not dropped, it has NOT gotten wet.

I'm at a loss for what to do.  I need my phone.  The only thing I can think that I have done within the last 24hrs with the phone is let the battery completely drain (which I have been told is good to do); battery was fully charged after.

What can I do??  Someone please help.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Phone constantly restarts/reboots

Actually, whoever told you that about letting the battery completely drain is incorrect. Li-ion batteries should not be completely drained. It's possible the battery has been damaged. I would try replacing the battery and see if that solves the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Styly 9670

Thank you!! I will give that a try!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style 9670

Good morning. I was interested in the problem with your phone, I have the same issue with mine, I have changed the battery it worked for two days and started doing it again. Mine acts up when I try taking a picture, when I try sending a text, and sometimes when I flip it open (grrrrrrr.) I will continue looking in here to see if anyone else is having this issue. Thank You
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New battery should fix it. Try not to get a too used one. I know they are expensive just for a battery. I found one at a sprint store for $20. I think it was used a somewhat. But it was still better than the one i had. Anyway i replaced the battery and phone stopped rebooting itself. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style 9670

I can try a second new battery. Thanks