Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sprint BB Style 9670 needs to be unlocked to use on Canadian networks

So, it's not yet unlocked from Sprint? Please carefully double check via the link provided in post 2 above. What you describe does not match what I understand for the unlocking procedure...

FYI...I've never seen a 6 digit unlock code...the last one I used was 16 digits long...doesn't mean this 6 digit code you have is not right, just that it's something I've not seen. Further, nothing about the unlocking procedure as I understand it (also in that linked post above) presents the screens you are indicating. Hence, I have to wonder if the thing you are doing is something separate from truly unlocking, and rather a programming screen to do some things...but it would likely have as a prerequisite that the device already be unlocked from Sprint (as per that above procedure).

Also, just to reiterate, it matters not which carrier your OS package comes from...just that it be specific to your BB model number. Indeed, I'd highly recommend that you revert back to a higher level...the version you are now running is well behind what would be considered current, and may well have bugs and such that are fixed in later versions.

What I have for simulator is 6.0.0.706 from Sprint (sorry, I don't track those "bundle" numbers but rather the true 4 octet OS level). But, from what you've described, I don't think I can simulate any of that anyway.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.