Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

Contributor
SemolinaPilchard
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Style should have been recalled

Freezing up, trackpad non functional 60% of the time on 4 Style phones my husband and I have owned since Spring 2011. If you peruse the Sprint/BB Style forums you will found underlined warnings by other customers 'DON'T BUY THIS PHONE'. Legitimate and serious complaints.. Last week, on my block in a near south neighborhood of Chicago, 2 rival gang members had a shoot out at 5pm. I had just entered my front gate when the gun batt;e broke out in front of my residence. I was flat on the ground as bullets entered tires, doors and bumpers of a cars parked 12 feet from me.

This battle was lengthy at 2+ minutes with coninuous rounds. MY BLACKBERRY STYLE  WAS  ONCE AGAIN FROZEN AND I WAS UNABLE TO CALL 911 OR MY DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBOR TO UNLOCK HIS DOOR SO I COULD CRAWL IN. My phone is maintained,. memory boosted and has zero water damage.

This is the 2nd time I have been in need of 911 and been unable to use my phone. A[phone Bla kberry knows should have been recalled long ago. BB? Never again.

Please use plain text.
nicoyabeauty
My Device: BB Style

Re: Style should have been recalled

I agree! My husband and I always have these problems with our phones, now the videos arent showing up properly as well as our pictures!I am in serious need of a new phone! this is so frustrating!

Please use plain text.
UNhappyBKBcustomer
My Device: BlackBerry Style 9670

I AGREE!!  My Style will automatically shut off after 5 minutes. I have to wait several hours or DAYS before I can get it to turn back on.  I have purchased a new battery, but still have the same problem.  Sprint says contact BlackBerry.  I cannot find an email or phone number for customer service.  Crappy phone!

Please use plain text.
rajupu
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Reliance CDMA

YES... I Agree, Blackberry Style should be recalled. I am already thinking of getting out of BLACKBERRY after 5 years of using their phones (this is my 3rd Blackberry). The Batteriy life is horrribly short, it does not last half a day for me. The Trackpad freezes for hours together. I WOULD SAY - THE DUMBEST SMARTPHONE EVER - DON'T EVER BUY THIS PHONE.

Raju

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikut4you
My Device: blackberry style
My Carrier: sprint

Hello- I too own a stupid blackberry style.. I have had numerous problems with this phone!! it freezes, it is REALLY sloooooowww, It will show "app error" A LOT, I have had to take it in to sprint to have them clear everything out of it twice, because it went to a blank screen and would not work. I have had this phone since Nov. 2010. There are sooo many features I HATE  about this phone.. i was told I could up0load my school work (I'm in college) and be able to use it as if it was a flashdrive.. NOPE!! I try to upload stuff and it disappears, I can NEVER find where it went. same with when someone bluetooth's me- totally disappears.. I will NEVER have another blackberry!! they suck!! My cheap straighttalk phone I had before this worked better than this!! :-(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmitsos
My Device: BlackBerry "Style"
My Carrier: Credo

ABSOLUTELY.  I mention this in another thread.  This phone completely sucks, and I would get out of my contract TODAY with Credo to switch to Sprint and get a Galaxy IIS for $199 if I weren't unemployed.  However, getting out of my contract early will still cost me about $275 or so.  I just renewed it in May 2011, at which time I switched to the Style, from Tour, and it freezes up ALL THE TIME now.  Every day, and the freezing has lasted up to 55 hours (currently frozen).  I don't think it's ever going to work on its own again.  I've called Credo Support, and have done everything (they told me nothing new....pull the battery out, wait, and put it back in). I've left it out for seconds.  I've left it out for several minutes.  I've left it out as long as hours overnight.....same result....the track ball does not move the cursor/blue highlighting.  I can't reach any place on my phone.  I have to hit certain things backwards, by pushing the BlackBerry icon, instead of using the actual center pad....it's not right.  I can't access anything. I can't scroll up and down my inbox.  It's a complete headache.  If I reset it to factory settings, as Credo has suggested, I risk losing everything.  i can't lose all the Notes, etc., in my Notepad.  I hate Research in Motion.  They should issue complete recalls, and let people get into another model.  I really want to get out of my contract altogether, and get a Galaxy IIS.  BlackBerry's suck, and I'm never using them again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Caementarius
My Device: BB Style 9670

I have no doubt that all these folks are having problems with their phone so I guess I have been fortunate in that I haven't had any of these problems to the extent described here in the year I have had the Style. The worse thing I encounter is the zoom on the camera sometimes is inop - quick battery in-out and I'm back in business.  Doesn't happen often though.  Sorry everyone is having problems. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmitsos
My Device: BlackBerry "Style"
My Carrier: Credo

UNhappyBKBcustomer, the same thing happened to me...my Style wouldn't work for days, because the blue highlighting cursor bar would NOT move down.  My track pad simply did not work to move that **bleep** blue thing, to get to all the icons.  I couldn't handle it anymore.  So, I called Credo, and the best they could was replace my phone...with the identical model.  I opted for that, since times are very tight for me now, and I can't afford to get out of my contract, or pay for a different model.  My current Style is working beautifully.  I was reticent, at first, to just get a replacement phone, due to fear of losing data.  However, a woman at Credo, in the tech department, walked me through the backup process step by step, before I gave them the bad phone.  And. uploading it to the new phone was very easy.  I can't even remember if I did it by myself, or with someone from Credo to guide me.  But, I had al my data, emails...everything.

If you don't want to move to another model yet, you should be happy with a replacement.  However, the experience has still made me very angry, and I will be switching from BB to Galaxy IIS (or, whatever the latest and greatest is at that point) when my contract is up.  What happened was completely inexcusable.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ludim
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

I had the STYLE for 10 treacherous months and tried to convince SPRINT to give me an early upgrade and wanted to add 3 more lines on my account BUT when they refused I quickly cancelled my account and got the Samsung Galaxy s2, what a BIG difference, for one the BB STYLE FREEZES UP CONSTANTLY AND RESTARTS ITSELF WITHOUT NOTICE, VERY SMALL APPS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE TO CHOOSE FROM AND WHEN YOU ADD AN APP THE PHONE GOES HAYWIRE, DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF PEACE GET THE BB STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Simbrian
My Device: 9670 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

My Style has always worked fine, even after being buried in the snow for a whole morning. Sounds like I just got a lucky one.
Please use plain text.