Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

default sound notification for enterprise messages

[ Edited ]

After finally convincing my new Style to sync with my BES service (had to sync with a NEXTEL device twice before the BES server caught a clue), the Desktop mail account chimes with Sanguine Remix when new messages arrive, at the default volume of the selected profile.

I've tried changing the playback sound for all obvious notifications in the selected Profile away from Sanguine Remix and the sound played back as Sanguine Remix isn't associated  any longer  to any of the Profile's options.

Any ideas where the sound notification can be changed for the Desktop (BES synched) account?

Right now I have to mute all ringers (Silent sound Profile) in order for it not interrupt my sleep. I get hundreds of alerts every day and even with Exchange rules marking messages as read and moving them to a specific folder other than the inbox, BES is catching a small percentage before Exchange marks them as read, and doing what BES does best, forwarding the messages to my phone.

Neither my hotmail nor gmail accounts have this problem since they have an option in profiles and I have configured them to remain quiet.

Under Messages-Notifiers for selected Profile:

• Email: gmail
  • Email: hotmail
  • Level 1
  • PIN
  • text Messages
  • Visual voice mail

I am going to try Phone Calls Only and edit It to include Text Messages. Maybe that will squelch the BES notices.

Sprint Style 9670 6.0 Bundle 1609.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: default sound notification for enterprise messages

Switching to the phone-only profile and enabling notification for text messages has proven to be a viable answer where the BES notification remains silent but phone calls and texts still notify. I can only guess that the Loud profile implies everything to notify irrespective of whether the profile has a configurable option.