Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Style™

New Contributor
conniejcole
My Device: style 9670
My Carrier: sprint

track pad freezes and phone locks up

Why does the track pad freeze and then the phone locks up? It takes over 24 hours for it to reset.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: track pad freezes and phone locks up

That isnot normal. How much free memory do you have?  look in Options and te "memory" in the search bar.  Look for the number next to Application Memory.  

Also, do you have any 3rd party applications installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
conniejcole

199425743 bytes.   The only apps I have installed is the bank, tv stations, bejoose, battery booster, c-span. The rest came with the phone.  I was sending picture texts when it crashed.  I sent 5 pics to a lot of people.  I ran the self test too.  I pulled the battery out 3 or 4 times and rebooted.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

When you sy it takes ovr 24 hour to reset, what do you mean? Are you pulling the battery and it takes that long to reboot?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
conniejcole

I pulled the battery 3 times in row and rebooted and left the battery out all night and when this morning i pulled the battery again and rebooted and finally it took. So today i will see if it locks up again. 

Please use plain text.