Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
GogsLombard
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Aplication List Screen

BlackBerry Theme Builder 6.0

How do I change the appearance of the folders on the Application List Screen on a BlackBerry Curve 8520 when choosing the option to "Add New Folder"?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Re: Aplication List Screen

If your talking about changeing it directly from your blackberry, you can't. The theme you have currently on will decide the appearance, aka the icon of the folder. You can however change the appearance when you are creating a theme. Just simply choose an icon for the default folder under application. I hope that is what the answer you were looking for,

Regards,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GogsLombard

Thanks Flow I tried to do as you suggested but only the Default Folder Icon Changes. All the other folder icons are still the same as per the pre-loaded themes on the BlackBerry. I want to change all the folder icon options available under Add Folder Thanks André
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX

Right ok so are you creating a theme? Or are you trying to change the icon of an existing/currently active theme?

Thanks,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GogsLombard

I'm creating a new one at the moment. Also please advise if I want to change the folder icons on an existing theme I've created. I have screen shots that I can email to you. Thanks André
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX

Well in  that case, in the theme builder you can just click on application list and then click on all the icons you want to change. And if you want to change an existing theme, you can just open the theme up in theme builder and change the icons in the same way. Hope that helps, if not feel free to e-mail or message me the screenshots.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX

Right Ok, I see what you mean. I saw the screenshot. Unfortuneatly you can't change it. You can choose 1 icon for default folder in theme builder and when it comes to adding a new folder on your phone, you can choose that icon, or other icons that are already available in your theme.

I hope that helps,

Flow

Please use plain text.