Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
My Device: Z30

Customising buttons for 'Use Device Application Order'

Hi,

I am trying to use composer to create a custom home screen but there are certain buttons that I would like to customise. But somehow it only allows me to change the icons if I choose Blackberry/Third Part App.

How can I customise the Use Device App Order if that is possible?

And can I just ask, what does Application Menu means?

Thanks in advance! 

Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: Customising buttons for 'Use Device Application Order'

If you want your icons to be user defined just select "use device application order"

Also application menu is the dotted button on your BB, it brings up your menu for each application

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com
Developer

The thing is, they refuse to let me change the icons for user defined order. (i.e. i have a custom image that I want to set on the home screen but I want it the link to be changeable but not the icon). Hope i make sense! Is it actually possible?

Developer

I'm assuming you're doing this in composer?

You want the link to be customizable, the link too?  First things first...I saw your other post...in Theme Studio you can make the icons user defined by adding icons to the custom theme setting on your second inspector block, make sure in properties that "use application order" is checked.

Now if you're in composer and adding icons, there is a tool box to your left and one that says theme button, choose that to add your icons, then over in the inspector in composer you'd see the same option use device application order. Not sure what you mean by making the link customizable, a little for info or an example would be helpful!

Follow the link below:
Developer

I was trying it on Composer. Thing is, if I try to make a button according to device application order, it follows the icon of whatever the application selected is. What I want to do, is to make the icon static. but allow the link to change to whatever was in the device application order. after reading through several forum posts, i assume it has something to do with the slot=[number] thing?

Developer

When using the device application order it allows the user to put what icons they want on their main screen, so what you see in your composer isn't what will be on the users phone.

As far as slot numbers you need to make sure in the code that each theme button is assigned a slot number for example

theme_button_1 would be slot0

theme_button_2 would be slot1

and so on....this is to make sure that your focus icon  goes in the order you placed them...also in the builder you'll need to use the navigation to set your icons to how you want them to scroll...up/down, or right/left

Follow the link below:
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I'm a new for blackberry development,and my English is not good enough to communicate freely.