Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

HELP! My Plazmic just STOPPED working!

[ Edited ]

I've asked this on several forums, & no one seems to have ever run into this problem. 

I've already made themes for the 9630 Tour using Plazmic 4.7 (and I've also downloaded AND installed the patch). I even host them on my own server & other people have downloaded them...so I know I've done everything right. A day or two ago, a couple of my themes wouldn't open in the themebuilder. I wrote it off & exported them anyway. They worked just fine on my phone (and no one has complained that they don't work). The only issue is that I can't go back and edit them now. I just kind of brushed it off & started on my next theme. I had it the way I wanted to test it & when I exported it & loaded it onto my phone, it wouldn't work. I would click the new theme & it wouldn't load the theme..it would just change the font of anything I rolled my trackball over. I went back to my theme, changed a few things around, and then did it again..but it still wouldn't activate the theme (no new homescreen, controls, icons)--but it would show as "Active" inside Options>Theme.

I shut the themebuilder down, & when I started it back up it wouldn't load past "Initializing Catalog Panel" so NOW I can't get into it at ALL. It won't open up any of the themes I have saved on my computer. It won't open at ALL. I've uninstalled both the program and the patch like three times, no avail. I've uninstalled & reinstalled java.  I've restored my computer back to a date I knew the themebuilder was working perfectly.  Nothing.  Now I'm completely stuck. 

EDIT: It actually does open sometimes.  But after it does when I click anything in the themebuilder it will freeze & my computer will tell me that themebuilder has stopped working & will shut it down.  There's no way to get around it! 

One day it worked, then the next it didn't! Does anyone know what's going on? 

Feel free to bbm me about this issue if you know what the problem is, because I'm so annoyed by this I'm pulling my hair out. 30E10E88

~Krissy 

Message Edited by Krissydang on 09-23-2009 02:54 PM
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HELP! My Plazmic just STOPPED working!

Hi Krissy,

When you uinstalled the Plazmic CDK, did you also delete the installation directories?  Configuration files may be left behind when uninstalling the application.

What version of Windows are you using?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

I'm using version 4.7 & the patch.  I've gone through Program Files to delete everything after I uninstalled.  Is that what you're talking about?  I keep thinking there must be some kind of file I'm not getting through that's slipping through the cracks..

What version of Windows do you have?
Mark Sohm

New Developer

Oh, sorry, I have Windows Vista.

[ Edited ]

When uninstalling, try deleting the Catelog files as well.  They're found here:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Plazmic

Can you confirm if this issue also applies to Composer or just Theme Builder?  Can you run the svgc.exe application from a command line?

Message Edited by MSohm on 09-25-2009 04:19 PM
Mark Sohm

New Developer

The issue is just with Themebuilder.  The Composer seems to work just fine.  It opens every time I try opening it, & never has an error, even now.

I just had an issue uninstalling because it said the InstallAnywhere was missing, so I reinstalled & uninstalled again.  It uninstalled somewhat successfully, because it asked me if I wanted it to restart my computer or do it on my own, but had the following message for me.

The following items could not be removed:

Unable to remove directory: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Plazmic CDK 4.7 for Blackberry

Unable to remove registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Plazmic.svg\OpenWithList

I deleted the first one.  The HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Plazmic.svg\OpenWithList , I didn't.

Also, when I go to C:\Documents and Settings, I get an error.  It comes up on Windows XP, but I have Vista.  I unhid the folders and still haven't come across Documents and Settings.  I did delete a folder called Plazmic when I went into "Roaming" while looking for the first directory it was unable to remove.  

Should I just install it again? 

In my C:\ folder I only have  Intel, PerfLogs, Program Files, SwSetup, Users, & Windows.

New Developer

Change your User Account Control Settings to off under your Vista Firewall.  This will let you delete and or move any file or folder.  When finished you can turn it back on.  But I would leave it off until you get Plazmic working.  This can also effect export folder locations(not allow an export to certain folders).  this setting also effects your ability to edit the registry.

Yes, try re-installing the Plazmic CDK.  I also second lfarmer's recommendation of disabling Vista's UAC while installing the CDK.
Mark Sohm

New Developer

I'm actually not sure what did it, but my themebuilder is back working again.  My UAC was already disabled (it was too anoying), but when I re-installed & just make new themes it works.  I can't edit the ones I did prior to the re-download.  It's not that big of a deal.  At least it's working.

Thanks for all your help.  (=