Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Home Screen Today Item Line Spacing

[ Edited ]

I am trying to create a simple Today Plus Home Screen for my Storm2.  Everything is working great, except I can not figure out how to change the line spacing for the Home Screen Today Items such as Message items, Calendar items, etc. that wold move each of the individual items in each category closer together vertically.  I can change the font, but I can not resize the editing frames.  I was thinking that would change the line spacing.  I have seen themes that have a different line spacing, so I am thinking it can be done, but I can not seem to locate how to do it in the Theme Builder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance.

Edit: I am using Theme Builder 5.0.0.34 to build a theme for a 95XX device.

New Developer

Re: Home Screen Today Item Line Spacing

If you are creating a today using the standard today template, then just changing the font size will kind of work.  If you are starting a custom theme, then you can adjust then the vertical spacing is dependent on the caret size.  I just created a new carat the size of the font i wanted, or you can just make a 1 x 1 pixel transparent .png, and use that as your caret, and that will solve your vertical spacing problems.  So if you want them really tight, and smaller.  Start a custom style theme, and add the today items you want, then do the caret trick.

Hope that helps.

New Developer

Re: Home Screen Today Item Line Spacing

That was it. I just modified the caret in the theme and that changed the line spacing. Thanks so much for the help.