Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

How do I upload themes to my own website?

So, I'm realizing how time consuming creating themes is for people! So, I plan on having my own website through my dad's company. I used to have my own branch before, and I know that I wa sabe to host files there, but can I do that with OTA files? What do I need? and how do I do it? Help, please. ;D

Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do I upload themes to my own website?

You need to export the theme using the "Publish for Web" option. 

Then take the com_plazmic_theme_xyz.jad and all the com_plazmic_theme_xyz-*.cod files and place them on your website. Send the url that references the com_plazmic_theme_xyz.jad file to people to download from their device.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Wow, that's awesome to know. I didn't even know it was possible. Can I do it without them seeing the cod files? So I can basically host my own files? Also, you know when you buy an app or theme for your phone, the download file pops up? How do you do that? Any ideas? Thank you soo much!
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

When you send the link to the .jad file, and the user clicks on it, the download screen comes up.  You don't have to do anything special. 

Owner - Applications Anonymous LLC