Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
terre1301
My Device: Not Specified

How to download Plazmic cdk 4.7 ?

HI, I am a new member and I bye a blackberry curve 8900. I want to now if this program its free or I have to pay and how to download. And if I can create theme with my personal Photos. Do you now if this program help me? thanks...
Retired
mrathwell
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

Re: How to download Plazmic cdk 4.7 ?

Hi there,

The Plazmic Content Developer's Kit (CDK) is completely free to download and use. To download it, visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/themes/ and look in the Downloads section on the right-hand side of the page.

You can absolutely make a theme of your personal pictures. The CDK will let you import JPEGS, PNGs, GIFS and Windows Bitmap files to use as things such as backgrounds, icon graphics etc.

Happy theme creation!

New Developer
rzapata
My Device: Not Specified

OK my question is about downloading and installing themes over the air.

And actually its more of a confirmation than a question.

I DLd the CDK, and created a theme, and am ready to install it.  I know I can install it with the BDM, but my question is, from what I gather, in order to install themes OTA, I need to install and configure the BES, correct?

I ask because my wife asked me to create some custom themes for her, and she travels a lot.  I wanted to just be able to send her a link and download them and install them wherever she may be. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

You do not need a BlackBerry Enterprise Server to deploy themes over the air.  Themes can be installed using the same methods that are used to install Java applications.  You can read an overview of the available options here:

How To - Load applications onto a BlackBerry smartphone
Article Number: DB-00041

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800647/How_To_...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker