Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
InProgress
My Device: Curve 9320

How to insert code for a popup on a Theme that asks " How was your experience with this app/theme"

Hello There

I was facinated by the fact of some developers inserting code into an app or a theme that pops up and asks if your expierience with the theme or app was good or bad... On pressing it will open your AppWorld Company page and give you the chance to rate your app/theme..

Would ANYBODY please give me some pointers as to incorporate the code into my theme to increse my voting as a reflection of how good (or bad) it is???

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you so much!!

Contributor
AlmostDone
My Device: Playbook

Re: How to insert code for a popup on a Theme that asks " How was your experience with this app/theme"

I 'm not sure about  exactly how they  did that. 

if I want to do this,  I will do it in following steps

1.Add the appworld web link to your theme;

2.Draw a popup messagebox with SVG codes;

3.Add the text you want to display to the messagebox you just drawed with SVG codes;

4.Add two button to the messagebox with SVG codes;

5.Add click event to those two buttons, one to open the web link you added, the other to hide the messagebox.

PS: I don't think ppl will like it, they don't even like a web link in the theme, not to mention this will popup every time they reset the device.

if you find this post helpful, please click a " like" ,thanks

Developer
InProgress
My Device: Curve 9320

Re: How to insert code for a popup on a Theme that asks " How was your experience with this app/theme"

You are AWESOME!! Thank you sooo much! I appreciate it!
Ill give it a try and let you know ☺
Cheers