Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
webmann
My Device: Torch 9810

How to load OS 6 theme on OS 5 device

I have seen on a forum that someone modified an OS 6 theme to load on 8520 (OS5).I mean lets say default OS 6 theme for example on 8520.How do you do that in theme builder or anyway at all?Help please

BlackBerry Junction
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/18485
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Re: How to load OS 6 theme on OS 5 device

Well if you have alrady made an OS6 theme, try creating a new project compatible for OS5 and choosing 'import' from File > Import. Then just choose the OS6 theme builder file. I hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
webmann

Thanks for the reply mate.I did try it and it didn't work.Now I'm willing to pay for a svg file with the OS 6 layout lol

BlackBerry Junction
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Have you tried creating a new theme for an os6 device, saving it and then create a new theme for os5 and then importing? By default you should get the os6 layout

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
webmann

Yes I have tried that as well but still no luck...How can I find an OS 6 svg file in theme studio?Is there any way?

BlackBerry Junction
Please use plain text.
Developer
dwaynedm
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Same here! Need an OS 6 layout svg file for OS 5 devices. It would be really cool for my bb curve 8900! :Yes:

1. If any post helps you please click  Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pootermobile
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

There is no way of exporting the default OS6 layout to an OS5 device. What you can do is get your creativity going and make an SVG file that mimics the default OS6 layout. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
dwaynedm
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Exactly my point. Only through an svg can you actually mimic the OS 6 layout for an OS 5 device. I have tried this sometime back, but there always seemed to be a bug or two in the working of the dock. Lets hope that someone can help out on this in the near future!:Rolleyes:

1. If any post helps you please click below the post(s) that helped you.

Please use plain text.