If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
mobiv
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Verizon

How to remove old release versions for AppWorld

Hi everyone,

I think this problem is of interest for many developers which recently have updated their themes to OS6.0:

1. I need to delete or remove the old version which have been uploaded and which support the OS5.0. These versions do not support the new OS6.0 but it seems from customer feedback that these files are still active in the system. These old releases should not be active anymore and should be replaced by the new releases.

2. Also I have received a customer complaint for a theme plattform that we do not support. How can this happen? We do not select the according handset as supported but users can still see and download themes for this handset??? This should not happen and BlackBerry should work on this issue as this will lead to a lot of customer care cases for money refunds.

Anyone here who could help?

Thank you!

BR

BH

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mr_gee
My Carrier: vodaphone

Re: How to remove old release versions for AppWorld

Hi

I have the exact same problem, its seems such a basic feature to have. Did you ever get any answer to this issue?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobiv

Hi,

No I have never received a reply. The system does not support it. We have finally unpublished the items and launched them again with the support of the new OS and handsets.

Very inconvinient for us. The update of the OS version 6.0 has caused many problems that the BlackBerry system cannot solve, so we had to deal with this workaround.

BR

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mr_gee
My Carrier: vodaphone

I've email them for the second time! I'll let you know if they give any decent response.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SlipperySurgeon
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Your best resolution is to remove the current theme package from sale.
Upload an updated package - wait for it to be reviewed - the re-post the package for sale.
When uploading the new files, you can also update the description, images, etc..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobiv

Dear Slippery Surgeon,

Thank you for your reply. However that is not solving my problem. The themes cannot be deleted so the theme will stay active and still produce downloads. I need to delete those old versions and not killing the whole theme with it good reviews and rankings.

I cannot understand that BlackBerry is not editing the portal and implementing new features. This will not only help the developers but also the customers which are asking for refunds when they are downloading versions which are not supported anymore. However that is BB politics I guess - no support anymore for the future?

BR

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SlipperySurgeon
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

You do not have to remove the package - just click the "Remove from sale" link.

The link is located right under the name of the product.

No need to delete the old package either.

Once removed from sale - the item will still be in your portal, but it will no longer be on the market. 

Click on the "releases" button and upload your new files.

The new upload will replace your old files.

-Slipp

Please use plain text.