Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
xRollinx
My Device: Not Specified

Icons in folder dump to app list

I'm using the latest version of the Plazmic Kit with the additional plugin for more device support (everything latest).

The issue I'm having is the fact that every single device I use, when exported and theme installed, spills out all of my icons which are originally located in folders, onto the app list screen. This is extremely inconvenient for users who in turn have to go through and put everything back into each respectable folder manually. Is there a fix for this?

I thought it was an issue with Desktop Manager, but after going through every version out there the problem remains.

In case you're wondering, I own every BlackBerry device out there, have plazmic installed on 5 different computers, all theme installation have this problem, for every BlackBerry model.

Please help!

New Developer
wondabread

Re: Icons in folder dump to app list

I wish I had an answer for you, but sadly, I'm here with the same problem.  I have experienced this with 2 9550s and a 9500.  I have tried it with 4 different themes.  Everytime it switch to a new theme all icons are removed from their respective folders and dumped into the main list.  I can move some of them back to their folders, but the media folder (among others) gets removed or hidden.

This is the first post I've found detailing the same problem I am having and wish I could get away from the standard theme.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
cartman

Re: Icons in folder dump to app list

I think if you go to the homescreen grid of icons and hit the menu key, then click on Options, and click on Reset Icon Arrangement.  This should put the icons back in their folders.