Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
StaticFX
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

another FYI...

OS7 will not die when QNX appears. RIM is planning on running both. QNX (BBX) for the reg consumer, and OS7 for the business end. (at least that what i read they said)

for all your theming needs go to http://bbthemelab.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ale7714

But reg consumer are the ones that most like themes, so it doesn't seem logic to not support it on BBX
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IntellectDimensions
My Device: 9900

We would love to develop the themes for QNX! RIM is sure to lose many developers who try hard to make the themes and designs if thenes are not supported in QNX mobiles (BBX). Hope theme builder for OS 7 devices comes out soon may be in Devcon 2011. Fingers crossed

Intellect Dimensions
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/3131/
Please use plain text.
lonestar1135

Yes please. Dying for Themes on BB7 and my PlayBook. And especially QNX devices in the future. No themes on BlackBerry would be like if there were no keyboard shortcuts.

Please BlackBerry, let the developers create amazing themes for us.
Please use plain text.
Developer
micjenks
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook

I'm so happy to see more people speaking up, tell your friends, colleagues, family, everybody to come right here and make some noise!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753

I'd like to see OS7 Theme Studio, but have another suggestion... sophisticated themes are due a premium, but many users only need to expand a little on wallpaper/ringtone and they'd be happy.

RIM, why not make alerts icons, link icons, etc more easily loadable and many users would be happy with that.

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gritsinct
My Device: Z10

I am not a theme developer (other than for fun for myself, friends and family) but I am an avid BlackBerry user and support BlackBerry users at work and I can say that one of the comments I hear the most about the new BBs is disappointment that there are no themes available yet! 

I think it would be a big mistake not to allow for themes in OS7 and QNX.  The ability to customize may seem like a minor thing but since it's something that is noticed every time the BB is touched (i.e. I am constantly noticing that I DON'T have a customized theme these days!) it does greatly affect the user experience and it is one important way that BlackBerry differentiates itself from the competition.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB-Bmore
My Device: 9670 Style

i am not a theme builder but i am a theme lover its what makes my blackberry just that...my Blackberry i don't want a phone that looks and functions like everyone else's phone. Listen up Rim...
Please use plain text.
Visitor
RingWalker
My Device: 9810

Hello Blackberry Themes Developers and RIM Moderators,

My name is Ring Walker and known as Walker Themes.
As a part of Blackberry Themes Community, we need to speak up and hope that we can continously develope themes for both OS7 and BBX (QNX) devices.

Theme is a part of handheld/device, it is just like a dress/clothes for us. We change/customize/modify it very often. Do believe, we won't wear a same clothes/dress for a year or maybe a week long.

Hope more blackberry themes developers will stand out and speak up to let RIM know that we ( Themes Developers) are a part of Blackberry, same with the apps/games developer.

Also fans of blackberry themes, please stand out and speak up, the importance of Themes customization on our blackberry. What would it be, if you have no themes for your devices!

Thank you for your attention & consideration.

I LOV WHAT I DO (Theme)

Regards
Ring Walker
Walker Themes
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rezn
My Device: 9930/7.0.0.362

This is sounding great so far guys! I would think RIM already see's the magnitude of having and supporting BlackBerry Theme Studio across all platforms. I've worked with hundreds of Theme Developers, from teams, to solo artists & there's a few reasons I've stuck with it..

1. There's a lot of passion and original art in a theme design. It's become a culture & lifestyle to many BlackBerry users.

2. There's a lot of money being made both for RIM and for the guys putting their hearts & souls into the industry.

3. It truly sets the BlackBerry [hopefully PlayBook too someday] miles apart from the average. The most common thing Android and iPhone users ask me is how can they get themes on their devices.

I could say a lot more. But let me finish with this..

I've spent a good amount of my time talking with Theme Developers that have either wanted to throw in the towel or weren't feeling the community appreciated their work as much as they'd like [maybe sells were down or blogs weren't posting as much]. And I constantly tell them to stick with it. Keep trying. Make a new theme. Make more noise. Write to a different blogger if one isn't responding quick enough, hit the social networks, give a couple away, hit the forums. It would be a shame if it all ended. So let's all think positive. And it should pan out for everyone.
Please use plain text.