Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Contributor
EnoughIsEnough
My Device: 9930

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

I've been a BB loyalist for 7 years.  I'm outta here.  So what's next? Does Android have the ability to do a TODAY theme on lockscreen?  iPhone can but needs to be jailbroken. and still has no real keyboard.  But looks like I'll have to accept a soft keyboard to get a better o/s.  Weird place to ask this question i know.

Contributor
Juggalo20
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

:smileyindifferent: theme 3rd party icons :smileysurprised:
OK. Now that's friggen cool.
Developer
micjenks
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook

If you look at the picture I posted a few posts back (mobile just shows a little picture icon you can click to see the image) one of my screens shows a completely themed app drawer.

You can do anything to your lock screen. I use widgetlocker as my lock screen and make my own sliders for it.

If you wanna get crazy you can even theme your entire OS, of course root is required for that
Contributor
Juggalo20

That pic doesn't work for me on my 9900 (if I click it) or PlayBook. Just shows a pale yellow triangle with a light gray border. :\
Developer
micjenks

http://db.tt/2UgnXhgB you may have to copy and paste lol, yep that identifies me as a long time BlackBerry user :-P
Contributor
EnoughIsEnough
My Device: 9930

same for me
Contributor
Juggalo20

That is incredibly cool!
Developer
micjenks

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm no graphics wiz, in so many ways I really have no business making a career in this industry. I have no training, I barely made it through high school.. Buy I have passion and in my opinion that's what themes are built from. Passion is what brought me to BlackBerry and passion carried me away as well. I didn't even buy my Playbook and I'm ready to sell it because apps crash all the time. I've met so many people from RIM, I've been to 4 conferences on their dime that I know this thread is being read but you aren't hearing any responses from them because they've got nothing to say....
Developer
micjenks

One thing I don't want to do is dissuade anyone from doing what they love to do, if you love making themes for BlackBerry then by all means keep doing it. However if you're hanging on, trying to deny your frustration out of some sort of loyalty to RIM then put your helmet on because that loyalty is a one way romance that is bound to leave you frustrated, dejected, and possibly locked into a 2 year contract you don't want to be in for 2 more days.
Contributor
Juggalo20

I love my 9900 I really do. BB10 will probably be the end though. BB10 is apparently basically the PlayBook modified to be a phone. I like the BBOS and all the apps I have. Throwing that away throws my loyalty with it. We'll see when the time comes