Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Contributor
EnoughIsEnough
My Device: 9930

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

Haha, no kidding.   I feel like RIM has set us back 20  years.  Maybe they'll bring back the brick phone too.  My God, would it kill them to release TB7?

New Developer
New Developer
Xee
My Device: Bold 9900

HI, for almost two years we have been building themes for BlackBerry and it has become a good business for us till now when every one has upgraded to OS 7 and we are still developing for OS 6!!!!!!.

Please do give us the Theme studio not only for OS 7 but also for BlackBerry 10 so we can try it out on our Dev Alpha.

Thank you.

Xee.

Adastra Communications.

Regular Contributor
Sashko
My Device: Bold 9700

From what I understand, there won't be any themes on BB10 due to the way they'll be using the OS. I wonder if that's also the reason why they're delaying TB for BB7 :-/
Developer
webmann
My Device: Torch 9810

Alec Saunders told me on Crackberry that they were going to release Theme Studio 7 in July,but they found a huge bug on the last minute,so hopefully it will be fixed and released in September

BlackBerry Junction
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/18485
Contributor
EnoughIsEnough

Finding a huge bug the last minute, if true, means that RIM is even worse off than we all thought. If the company that designed the hardware, firmware, apps, etc can't release a simple theme builder after 1-2 years, they are incompetent. RIM should feel lucky that there isn't any other good business phones out there with a nice keyboard or we'd all be gone by now.
Developer
webmann
My Device: Torch 9810

yeah,all i can say is that i'm also sick of waiting...

BlackBerry Junction
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/18485
Regular Contributor
brechtryckaert
My Device: Curve 9300

webmann wrote:

Alec Saunders told me on Crackberry that they were going to release Theme Studio 7 in July,but they found a huge bug on the last minute,so hopefully it will be fixed and released in September

I sure hope we'll still see the Theme Studio for OS 7 and 7.1 this month. Anybody heard about updates to this story?

If you like my reply, please like.
Check out my personal blog at http://brechtryckaert.be
New Contributor
A3MN
My Device: 9800 - Torch

I was at the BlackBerry Jam in San Jose a few weeks ago, and I was told by some higher-ups that all production on ThemeBuilder7 has been completely halted so that man-hours can be focused completely on BB10. Which will have no available ways to be themed. 

Contributor
Angus-Black
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook

Halted?

Did they even start?

Contributor
EnoughIsEnough

This is why RIM is dying.  Completely lost touch with customer base.  If RIM marketing has any interest at all, they should figure out not only how to attract customers but retain.

They should worry more about retaining these days as someone with no ties or legacy to BB sure ain't going to start now.  

Themes WERE the most direct route to getting a little personalization and customization that gave the users a personal connection to their devices.   Now we all have the same boring interface, maybe a different wallpaper, and can't have the "today" function that business users everywhere became dependent on.  

If RIM is still trying to hold on to their "business" customers, getting rid of today theme is the exact WRONG way to do it.

Getting developers to be creative with new themes and the chance to make a little money is exactly what propelled Apple to have such great apps and loyal following.  

I always wondered what RIM really meant, now I understand.