Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Contributor
aisha2008
My Device: Curve 8530

Photoshop software?

Just wondering, is adobe photoshop the only program that works with theme studio to alter the buttons and such? I've been having so many problems trying to install it and GIMP doesn't recognize the buttons when I try to open it. Any decent alternatives?

Developer
amusic
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Photoshop software?

Paint.net is the only one that comes to my mind for windows.

What's the reall problems you couldn't install Gimp or Photoshop.

Only device that matter...BLACKBERRY
Visit our site: www.bb.3mtb.com
Follow us on Twitter: MusicsBB
Become a fan on Facebook: Music's BlackBerry
Developer
HourglassThorne
My Device: Not Specified

Just because you cannot get Photoshop, GIMP or whatever image-editing program to properly open up an image component from Theme Builder doesn't mean it's impossible to create these components for your custom theme.

If you want to create image components for Theme Builder, this is what you have to do:

1.  Let's say you want to add Home Screen background to the 9700.  First, hover your mouse over the background image component.  The name and dimensions of this image will pop up.  The name is not important.  What is important are the dimensions, which should be 480x360.

2.  Open up your image-editing software (whatever your preference) and create an image that is 480 pixels wide by 360 pixels high.

3.  Save/Export your image as a PNG.  (For images that fill the entire screen or have no transparent parts, you'll want to save as a PNG-8 file.  For images that have transparent/translucent parts, use PNG-24.)

4.  Going back to Theme Builder, click on the Home Screen background component and then select your new background image from whatever folder you saved it in.

You can do this for most of the components in Theme Builder.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
Contributor
aisha2008
My Device: Curve 8530

The only version of photoshop I can download is version 6 because my dad has it (can't afford to buy the new one) and GIMP installed perfectly fine. The problem is that the theme builder doesn't load up preview images for the buttons

New Developer
vette71
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

In addition to Photoshop, I use Paint.Net..............it's free and has a lot of the same features as Photoshop that I haven't figured out yet, lol

New Developer
CharliesAngelWy
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

I use only paint.net. it is very self explanatory. the help section is very helpful, plus there are a slew of tutorial videos on their site. I love the simplicity, the number of things you can do with an image are infinite. Its free to use, donations accepted of course, and does everything you would need it to do for themes.