Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
Jtye
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Plazmic Theme Builder -- Turn off Application Titles?

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the Application titles in the Home Screen? I only want the icons.  I'm building this theme for an 8300 series.

If that's not possible does anyone know how the fonts work?  Obviously there are a bunch of pre-determined fonts with colors and sizes you can't change.  What happens if I choose an alternate font?  Will it render it as a graphic?  I can tell it's pulling fonts from my system and I'm not sure how that will work for end users who don't have the font.

Anyone have any clue about how this works?  I've searched Google and forums like crazy but I can't seem to find too much assistance with Plazmic Theme Builder now that it's all under BlackBerry.  And yes, I have the PDF Users Guide. That only gets me so far.

Thanks!

New Developer
CatBlack

Re: Plazmic Theme Builder -- Turn off Application Titles?

Hey there,

I am assuming you are using Plazmic 4.7, correct? If so follow these steps to remove app titles:

1. open project
  2. click home screeen in inspector
  3. click the app you want in the app list
  4. scroll down to properties (listed below) and expand
  5. unselect the "show text" option

Regarding the text i would recommend keeping with the standard fonts to ensure maximum reliability across all devices.

Hope this helps.

New Developer
Jtye

Thank you!

maleque
My Device: 9500

[ Edited ]

HI

Cantact with this address

{edited out personal information}

Thanks