Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
aakashbanerjee
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Refreshing Images in a SVG

1. Using an SVG we have been able to show an image/multiple images stored in the server using xlink:href tag. We can also loop through the images showing one after another.

2. When Blackberry O/S boots then the JavaScript embedded within the SVG file retrieves all the images from the server and they gets locally stored in the temp folder (or somewhere).

3. Problem is I cannot figure out a way to submit the JavaScript (just like a form) to the server to refresh the images.

4. So even if you write a server side program to refresh the images in the server end it does not reflect to the client; unless you restart your phone.

Can someone please help me. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
aakashbanerjee

Re: Refreshing Images in a SVG

To be more specific..

I have 5 images sitting on my server location referenced by the javascript embedded inside the svg to pull those images. But when I change the images on the server to say 5 new images different from the other ones the SVG still shows the old set of images. Is there a way that the new images could be shows when the set of images are replaced on the server.

Please use plain text.
Developer
EThemes
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

This sounds like a real cool idea.  I'm assuming you are using the SVG in a web application of some sort running in a browser.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Perhaps you can try setting the URL of the SVG node to some static blank temporary image file, then set it back to the intended URL.  If that does not work, try adding some sort of redraw, refresh in between to see if you can get the cache flushed.

Just some thoughts

Please use plain text.
New Developer
aakashbanerjee

Thanks for writing.

Will you be able to tell me what are the names of the methods for SVG refresh and/or redraw? It will be very helpful if you have a little code snippet showing their usage.

I had one other question...

Where can I find a detailed reference on 

1. x-exex
2. x-object

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.