Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
Attono
My Device: Not Specified

Simulator will not launch

1. The BlackBerry handheld software version and BlackBerry model you are testing with (or simulating). You can find this information under Options, About. - 9630 4.7.1.40

2. The version of Plazmic CDK being used (and if you are using Theme Builder or Composer). -  5.0

3. The exact error, exception or behaviour you are experiencing, including steps to reproduce the issue. Try to avoid statements like "it doesn't work".

When I try to preview on simulator, it goes through the motions and says it is launching the simulator, but the simulator never opens.  I also tried exporting as a .cod file and then manually opening the simulator and loading the java file, but it does not load the theme I built.

Any help?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
cepaoz

Re: Simulator will not launch

[ Edited ]

Do  you change it in the Theme menu ?

If the name of the  save after same  the first ,Theme will not load.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
g2hockey

In the Export dialog, did you check if the theme is exported for Handheld: 9600, Target OS: 4.7.1?

If the theme is exported for 5.0 9600, the theme can be loaded but not activated in a 4.7.1 9630.

Please use plain text.
Developer
HourglassThorne

Something to keep in mind is that loading & running simulators seem to be a major resource drain for quite a few computers.  For example, I know when I attempt to load up the 9700 simulator to test a theme it will easily burn through 500,000+K of memory when I look at the processes in the Task Manager.  Additionally, there seems to be a 60% chance that the simulator will stall midway through opening and freeze up Theme Builder and itself so badly that the only way to shut it down is through the Task Manager.

If it's not launching, or stalling, you might try shutting down any unneccesary programs before you launch the simulator, at least anything that uses 100,000+K of memory.

Also, sometimes it seems to help me if I keep the Theme Builder tool at the forefront of the windows on my desktop while it's launching the simulator.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
Please use plain text.