Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

TOUR Simulator ?

Any ideas on how long before we have a functioning simulator for the Tour ?

Spec's: Verizon BB Tour 9630, Theme Builder 4.7 with patch installed, simulator downloaded  Tour 4.7

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: TOUR Simulator ?

The BlackBerry Tour simulator is available.  You can download it at the link below (choose 4.7.1).

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=060AD92489947D410D897474079C1477

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

I have done that but I get error messages (see post "Having trouble with simulators") I describe the error messages.

Spec's: Verizon BB Tour 9630, Theme Builder 4.7 with patch installed, simulator downloaded  Tour 4.7

Vista 64bit OS

Thanks for your attention

New Developer

Is there a specfic reason you need the Tour simulator?  I had the same problems, but since the 8900 and 9630 themes are interchangable in Theme Builder, I've found using an 8900 simulator works much, much smoother.  All my themes come out looking exactly the same on my 9630 as they do on the 8900 simulator.
New Developer

Thanks for the info. I am able to now load 8900 simulator and use it but I can't reset or exit the simulator program without task manager.

Any ideas ?

New Developer

To do a reset, it's easiest to go back to Theme Builder and click the simulator button again and it will reset.  As far as I know, the only way to close device simulators on Windows 64 is via the task manager.
New Developer

Have the issues been resolved? You know as far as the active screen and connected screen wallpapers because those weren't exporting and showed up right in the theme. I would love to use a 9630 simulator.

Thanks.

New Developer

I switched to the 8900 simulator as someone suggested, I got it to work but have not had time to work on any themes, stay tuned