Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
HourglassThorne
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Theme Builder 5.0 Export error: path and permissions??

Hmmm.. If it's not an icon issue, perhaps it is an issue with the sizes of your images?

What format are your images?  Are they all pngs, or are you using something else?

What're the sizes of your largest image files?

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
New Developer
CharliesAngelWy
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

the image formats are all in PNG. Graphics are sized to the phone size, in this case the main is 360X480 for the storm and icon underlays are 90x96. I am also wondering about a size issue. I started the theme from scratch and all stages exported successfully until I git to the last part organizing apps ans underlays on the main screen. The last successful export files were 2325 kb (COD file) and 1 kb (alx file) 

do you happen to know what the limits are for storm 2? 

Developer
HourglassThorne

I'm not sure what filesize limitations there are for the Storm2.  What is the filesize of the images you're using for the main Home Screen?  Are you using PNG-8 or PNG-24 for the background/wallpaper images?

New Developer
CharliesAngelWy
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

I am not sure... what is the difference between png-8 and png-24? I use paint.net for graphic editing... how do I tell what setting its on?

Developer
HourglassThorne

Well, when i use photoshop I can save my images in two different PNG-type formats.

PNG-8 is an image-type similar to a GIF.  You're limited to, at most, 256 colors.  You can also have transparent sections but, like a GIF, they are transparent or not, so you end up with jagged edges.

PNG-24 is a higher quality image format that allows transparency that can be gradiated.  So instead of having a hard edge, you can have soft edges (like drop shadows) and entire translucent sections.  Unfortunately, the trade off is that the filesizes for PNG-24s can be much higher than PNG-8s since the 24 can allow for a larger amount of colors.

New Contributor
cherrichiodo

I had this same exact issue today while exporting to device. Yesterday it worked fine, but today decided to throw this error. I was unable to fix the original file so I rebuilt the theme, exporting on each screen. I did not add the custom icons until the very end and it worked fine.

AllThingsBerry.com

pinstack.com