Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
CharliesAngelWy
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

Theme Builder 5.0 Export error: path and permissions??

AAGGHHH!!!! PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!

I am getting this error... 
Errors: 
Unable to write the theme to the specified output location. Please check the permissions and path specified.
I/O Error: C:\Documents and Settings\Andrea\Local Settings\Temp (Access is denied)
Error: File com_plazmic_theme_DiamondsAreAGirlsBestFriendPink. cod cannot be created. (-1)

1) I am saving to L/blackberryapps/pink diamonds

why is it directing to a different file and not exporting where I tell it to??!!?? I have changed the file name... no change... I even uninstalled and re installed theme builder... still will not export. Any Ideas at all?? I am so stumped and about ready to scream!

Developer
amusic
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Theme Builder 5.0 Export error: path and permissions??

Hi there,

Two things could play as a solution to your problem.

Solution one: make yourself as na Admin on your computer and that should let you access all of the folders and files without a problem, thus for letting you export files to any location.

Second solution (better one): when you trying to export a theme, make sure you click on a little yellow folder (right below the name) and specify location to, lets say your Desktop or My Documents folder.

That should help you out.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Only device that matter...BLACKBERRY
Visit our site: www.bb.3mtb.com
Follow us on Twitter: MusicsBB
Become a fan on Facebook: Music's BlackBerry
New Developer
CharliesAngelWy

Thanks for the reply Amusic... However This does not address my issue.  I have tried to save it in several different locations (by clicking the little yellow folder...lol) And none will save. I am the admin on my computer... I get no other errors such as font or placement errors... any other ideas?

Developer
HourglassThorne
My Device: Not Specified

What kind of theme are you working on?  Is it on the Storm or another handset?  Does it use a lot of complicated SVG coding?  Are you using a full set of custom icons?

Something I've come across while working on the Storm and Storm2 is that if you're using a lot of lengthy SVG coding, and then you try to use custom icons, it will spit out similar errors to the one you're experiencing right now.  The only solution I've found to combat this is to either do one of two things:

1. Cut back on the SVG coding or cut it out altogether.  If you're using SVG coding on both the Homescreens and Lock Screens, you might consider removing it from one, the other, or both.
  2. Return the custom icons to default.

If you're using custom icons in addition to SVG coding, I'd suggest resetting the icons to default first and try to export your theme. 

If that doesn't work, or if you're not using custom icons, then try removing the SVG files and exporting.

Hopefully this will help lead to a solution.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
Developer
amusic
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Do you have a problems with other themes or just this one?
Let me know as based on your error it doesn't look like it is a theme problem but rather location where you saving it.

Only device that matter...BLACKBERRY
Visit our site: www.bb.3mtb.com
Follow us on Twitter: MusicsBB
Become a fan on Facebook: Music's BlackBerry
New Developer
CharliesAngelWy

That's what has got me so confused. The other theme I opened and exported to the desktop and usb drive worked fine. It seems to be just this one file. It doesn't give me any other errors though such as item outside of boundaries Or font too big that would keep it from exporting.
New Developer
CharliesAngelWy

HourglassThorne, It is a theme for storm2. No svg files in this one. I do have a set of custom icons in it, I will try resetting to default icons and see if it works. Thanks. For the insight.
Developer
HourglassThorne
My Device: Not Specified

Do let me know if it works or not.  I'm curious about this issue.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
New Developer
CharliesAngelWy

no luck :-((.  I even tried sizing down a bunch of the fonts and nothin...  I thought myself to be a pretty competent theme builder, but this issue has me be beyond stumped.  I hate to do it with the countless hours I have put into it, but I think I am going to have to start from scratch and export at various stages and see if/when I come up with the same error. This is the first 5.0 storm2 theme i have made so I am not as familiar with all the ins and outs as I am with the curve and pearl themes. Thanks for your guidance thus far, I will update this post when I figure out what i did!

Developer
reradus
My Device: Storm 9530

It might be file size related, sometimes if a svg is to big it'll throw this error