Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

hwy
New Contributor
hwy
My Device: Not Specified

Theme Builder and Photoshop CS4

I've been trying to use the Blackberry Theme Builder to make a theme for my new Curve, but every time I go to choose 'edit' for an icon or another image, it will open Photoshop but the image won't show up [in Photoshop]. I've changed the settings so my default editor for the Theme Builder is Photoshop, I don't know what's wrong. I'm using 5.0 of the theme builder, Photoshop CS4 and Windows 7 32-bit, if that helps. Much thanks :3
Please use plain text.
New Developer
mtg169
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Theme Builder and Photoshop CS4

I think it's a bug with Windows 7 and the Theme Builder. I have the same problem on my development machine, but it works fine in XP.

In Windows 7 I am able to edit in Photoshop by selecting reload, reset to default, and then selecting edit. I am not sure why it works, but it does. It might actually be reset and then reload, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but only one combination will open it, while the other acts like it opens it, but does nothing. As long as you keep your source files in their own directories and not the default examples, it's just going to "refresh" the image you already have selected and not reset to an actual default image.

Please use plain text.
BossE86
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I have run into the same issue with my Windows 7 (64bit) machine. I'm not sure if this issue is on the OS or the Theme Builder side but I am looking into it now. I'll post back if I find anything, has RIM made any remarks on this? I will try your suggestion on reload, reset, then edit (or any combo).

Please use plain text.
Developer
amusic
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

I personally stay away from "edit" part as you already noticed it works or it doesn't. It is never consistent.
In most cases it is Theme Builder as the program is still buggy.
The easier way to do it is to just modify the icon in Photoshop and then manualy replace the icon. It takes the headache out off way.

Only device that matter...BLACKBERRY
Visit our site: www.bb.3mtb.com
Follow us on Twitter: MusicsBB
Become a fan on Facebook: Music's BlackBerry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
babygenius55
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: att

Still waiting for an answer to this...

Please use plain text.