Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
morelove
My Device: Non-BlackBerry
My Carrier: Tele2
Accepted Solution

Theme Support for different models and some newbie questions

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm new in BB theme creating and I need some help. I created a theme on Theme Builder 6 for Curve 9300, Layout type is Blackberry 6 and screen size for this model is 320x240. The problem is that I don't know what to write in description about supported models. I exported zip file and the devices.txt file only states 9300, and theme is for OS6. Do I need to know what other models are supported? Or do I have to create it again for other same screen size models? I'm really confused and I'm not  a BB user too. Also I'm  not sure what product icons and featured images should be, I assume they are similar type to those seen when looking trough the themes in App World. And the calendar icon still doesn't change in the simulator, I've read it's a Theme Builder bug.

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Re: Theme Support for different models and some newbie questions

HI,

Any BB Model with the screen size of 320x240 and that runs on Blackberry  OS6, the theme will work. However, the theme will not work for a device with a screen size of 320x240 AND that runs on Blackberry OS5.

So you just need to do a bit of research on the screen sizes and device operating systems.

As for the priduct icon, it is simply the image of the 'App Icon'. The featured image is the image that will be displayed if your theme is featured on the app world. That is the only time the featured image is used.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morelove
My Device: Non-BlackBerry
My Carrier: Tele2

That makes sense, I guess I will just google BB models. Thank you :]

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

No problem,

This may help you get started:

Model Sizes

Please press accept as solution if it solves your problem :smileyhappy:

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
Xee
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Warid

I hope this would help.

480 x 360: 9780, 9700 & 9650 OS 6, 9700, 9600 & 8900 OS 5.

360 x 480: 9800 OS 6 and 9500 OS 5.

360 x 400: 9100 OS 5 & 6. 9670 OS 6.

480 x 320: 9000 OS 5.

320 x 240: 8500, 8300 OS 5, 9300 OS 5 & 6.

Please use plain text.