Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Torch 9800 Interactivity question

I have been developing themes for a while now and have strong understanding and grasp of theme development and svg code. However I have not been able to disect how we can accomplish a swipe interaction on the Torch 9800.

I have noticed in the simulator (9800 OS, tapping and immediatley releasing and tapping and holding then releasing produce different results. tapping and immediatley releasing will 'activate' the function associated with the object, where as tapping and holding for 1 second then releasing does not 'activate' the function associated with said object.

I would assume this is because there is an intended function to allow a user to tap and drag or tap and swipe to produce a movement interaction, eg: Stock OS6 tapping the "all" pane top bar and dragging/swiping it up opens the application list. 

I would like to think this function isn't locked/hidden from developers however I am finding posts everywhere saying it can't be done. I am not one to believe things are impossible and I will continue to strive to figure this out. If anyone has additional information or suggestions as to accomplish a tap and drag/swipe interaction or would like to post thier own 2 cents, please do. Lets work this out!

To all RIM developers: It was done in stock OS6, enlighten us (theme developers) to enable us to produce a similar result in our productions.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9800 Interactivity question

I have been wondering the same thing... I am going to see if it's possible to view the code for a default 6 theme

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Torch 9800 Interactivity question

I think what you're looking for is the Tabbed context menu. When you touch and hold on an object on the Torch it brings up a floating menu and requires no further touch input if desired (can use the trackball/pad to continue). That could show up as a non "action"?

Hope that helps!