Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
Papaghanda
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Trouble with icons changing when creating a theme and running it on my Simulator

[ Edited ]

So I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and noticed that you can download themes that change the icons and I wanted to start to make some because I have a friend that is an amazing graphic artist. I also know a photographer that could take pictures for wallpapers.

I know that the theme builder 6.0 doesnt work for the new OS7.

So in anticipation for RIM releasing TB 7.0 I am practicing and making icons, etc. so that once it is released I can upload some themes.  

With that said, I was wondering why when I change the icon and re-save it, it will show up in the Theme Builder but it won't show up when I run the theme on the simulator.

For example, I click the icon, I go to edit, I edit it, save it, then right click it in Theme builder and press Reload.  it shows up in Themebuilder.  But when I run it on the simulator, it doesn't change.

Things I have tried:

I go into the theme builder and create a new theme. I have edited the default icons that came with the program just to see if they will in fact change.  They won't.

I see that they have in fact changed in the theme builder, the original file as well, but then when I run the theme, the only that changes is the placement of the battery indictor, time etc that I move.

So then I downloaded an icon pack that has all of OS 6.1's default icons.  I edit a few of them.  Put them into theme builder and then they display there.  But again, when I save the theme, and then simulate on the simulator, it fails to show up. 

I've even tried to keep the entire directory intact and edit a few images just by simply adding color, then going to EDIT.. CHANGE IMAGES, and then navigating to the folder that is intact and has all icons that I have edited and haven't edited.  They again, fail to show up.

Any suggestions?

EDIT*

I attached a photo to show what it's doing...

apparently one of the icons worked.... lol so random....

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6118/tbimg.jpg

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Papaghanda

Re: Trouble with icons changing when creating a theme and running it on my Simulator

[ Edited ]

I've semi-fixed it, but if anyone can give me insight into why this could be happening I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Anyone know why only some of the icons change?!?!  I'm managing to change about 50%  - 60% of the icons and I am LITERALLY doing nothing different between the icons that are working, and the ones that aren't

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Papaghanda

Re: Trouble with icons changing when creating a theme and running it on my Simulator

anyone?

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Hi papaghanda,

Can you check what OS your simulator is running on?

Thanks,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
deremi
My Device: Not Specified

are u talkigna bout normal release themes TB6 can theme or are you talking about 9900 themes?

Please use plain text.
deweert
My Device: curve 9300 3g / os6

I have the same problem in a 9300 3g / os 6

Please use plain text.