Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: 8310

how to change homescreen wallpaper, not change the 2nd page applications background

just as titled:
how to change homescreen wallpaper, not change the 2nd page applications background

i m an new user of bb.

i can change wallpaper easily, but it change the 1st page, and the 2nd page.
i want to only change my homescreen. is it possible?

or is there some knowledge in BB wallpaper?

——————————

i found from some other forum:
Originally Posted by  
my dear Genius of Geniuses, you are the super one, tks for yr guide.
you mean, if i own design a theme, then i can control the 8310 theme to have a background in the application background section, then my 8310 will enjoy: when i change a wallpaper, it will only change the 1st homescreen is it?

your reply is valued so much!

Basically, yes.

And just a little more advice if creating themes is something you are interested in doing... you need to create a theme for your specific device and major OS version (like your 8310 might be running 4.3.0.123.. the major OS version is 4.3, and 8900 running OS 4.6.1.250 - the major OS version is 4.6)... you can not build a theme for the 8310 and have it work on the 8900, nor can you build a theme for 8310 with OS 4.3 and expect it to work on an 8310 with OS 4.5.

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: how to change homescreen wallpaper, not change the 2nd page applications background

I don't understand fully your questions.

What device do you have?

You have the "homescreen" and you have the full icon screen (is that your 2nd screen?).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to change homescreen wallpaper, not change the 2nd page applications background

If you're making a theme for any handset running version OS version 4.5 or later, then you can customize both the Home Screen and the Application List backgrounds independantly of one another (meaning you can "picture A" in the Home Screen and "picture B" in the Application List background).

However, if you're on a handset running an OS earlier than 4.5  (such as OS 4.2.2 usually found in the 8100, 8300, or 8800), then you are SOL, because they use the same image for both the Home Screen and Application List background.  The only option you would have is to update your OS on your handset to 4.5 or later.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Can you help please?

I downloaded a theme. I like the icons and everything else that came with it but I HATE the wallpaper.  Is there a way to disable the rotating wallpaper so I can put up my own on my homescreen and still keep the icons?

I have a BB8900.