Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T via Northstate Communications

9800 Bluetooth Problem

I'm having problems with my Bluetooth disconnecting when I want it to.  My Torch used to perform flawlessly with any of my Bluetooth devices. Now it hangs all the time. Usually happens when I'm listening to something and then someone calls and then all of a sudden it doesn't work. After it hangs, I'll make a call and the Bluetooth won't activate, leaving my phone ringing the other person without my knowing that it has even made the connection. I have to fumble around to get it switched to handset to hear the other party. I'll turn the BT device off, try and turn off the connection on my device, and it wont disconnect from the device. I then have to do a battery pull to break the connection. When 9800 restarts, it always says "connection with ****** failed" even though all BT devices are turned off and I thought they were disconnected before the pull.  Please help.  I don't have time to shut down the device everytime I turn off a BT device.  I have moto s9-hd, jabra bt8040 and 2 Samsung devices and the same problem occurs on all of them.

Thanks, Michael

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T via Northstate Communications

Re: 9800 Bluetooth Problem

Really? Nobody has any ideas?
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

No help to you but maybe to technical folks--the common denominator in your description is that it hangs when you are receiving a message.  This is exactly the trend that I am seeing with freezing of my Torch, and it followed upgrading device software to v. 6.0 bundle 2342.  Got to be a unifying glitch theory in there someplace.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9800 Bluetooth Problem - Won't Disconnect

I am having the same problem - and I have seen others under different forum categories.  My bluetooth mode is always engaged and there is no more handset mode.  Speaker or bluetooth once a call connects - that's it.

New Contributor
My Device: smartphone Torch
My Carrier: Orange

I'm having the same problem with mine since applying the upgrade. The only time I can connect is by disconnecting the battery and then it discovers my car handsfree. Up until the upgrade it worked perfectly! Pls help us someone!!!!