Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
JohnT_Chase
My Device: Torch 9800 with Version 6.0 bundle 695 Desktop SW 6.2010 Bundle 21
My Carrier: Orange

Re: 9800 Bug/Glitch Thread

I have found problems with the icons and trays. To be fair they started after I changed the theme, but reverting back to the default theme does stop the problems. Resetting to the shipped default doesn't repair the damage either.

1. The Media tray is empty and icons cannot be added. Loading the new theme removed the icons from the tray and placed them in a new folder on the All tray.
  2. The download tray is empty. When I downloaded four apps icons appeared in the download tray and the all tray. I tried to tided the All tray by placing these in a new folder. Doing so emptied the download tray and again I cannot move them back.
  3. Moving icons has caused problems. It worked fine at first but then it would not allow me to complete the move. That meant that the icon appeared in the new position but with the move tags still around it. Then all the icons on that tray (Favorites) where changed to be the same as the one I was trying to move.

So far I like the functionality of this new phone. I wanted to stay with BB after two happy years with a Pearl. I hope I am not going to regret that decision.

If anyone can tell me how to add icons to the Media tray and the Download tray I would be grateful.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnT_Chase
My Device: Torch 9800 with Version 6.0 bundle 695 Desktop SW 6.2010 Bundle 21
My Carrier: Orange

An Update just in case anyone does read my last entry.

I have solved the problem of the empty Download Tray. I archived all the downloads and then reinstalled them. The icons reappeared back on the Download Tray. Because they were re-installed from archive it didn't cost me anything. Hope this helps someone...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
proudmommy22807
My Device: Torch 9800 6.0 Bundle 1165 (v6.0.0.337, Platform 6.4.0.142)
My Carrier: AT&T

Basking, I would also like to know why I must scroll through a month's worth of messages to get to a new message from one sender. My Torch does this with every single messaging contact. I want to know why it just doesn't open to the most recent or unread message?

"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." ~ Buddha

Please give kudos to helpful posts and authors by clicking on the white star to the left of their post. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gadgetfan
My Device: Torch 9800 (personal), Bold 9000 (work), plus provide support for various others!
My Carrier: Vodafone and Orange

After a few weeks, the sticky numeric key function stopped working - resolved by a battery pull. Happened 2 or 3 times so far.

Please use plain text.