Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.600

newcomer9747 wrote:

What does this version improve on?

Nothing major that I could see.  It was like I was still using my previous OS.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

knottyrope wrote:

BillJ wrote:

Knotty, how are the notifications for your facebook?  Are you getting any?  Since installing 6.0.0.600, I'm not getting any notifications of wall posts, comments, etc.  I still get notified about pokes but pretty much nothing else.

I'm going to revert to 6.0.0.526 to see if that's the problem.  I'll let you know if that corrects it.  :smileyhappy:

with the latest version of FaceBook I have had no issue.

This is good to know.  I might have another look at it.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
newcomer9747
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

hmm... I'm on Torch 6.0 Bundle 862 (6.0.0.284, platform 6.4.0.120). Is that too outdated? I bought it for less than a week, emailing is great but am utterly pissed if not dissapointed at the browser connection. When I'm on wifi, it keeps saying can't find requested server. Would .600 solve this issue?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

newcomer9747 wrote:
hmm... I'm on Torch 6.0 Bundle 862 (6.0.0.284, platform 6.4.0.120). Is that too outdated? I bought it for less than a week, emailing is great but am utterly pissed if not dissapointed at the browser connection. When I'm on wifi, it keeps saying can't find requested server. Would .600 solve this issue?

.600 would cure your browser issues. Have you downloaded Blackberry desktop manager? If so, plug your Torch into your computer and open DM. It will see that you don't have the current OS release and ask you if you wnat to download it.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
newcomer9747

Oh shucks I am almost done with updating the OS with 570... I dled DM and only 570 showed up for update, didn't get any 600 :smileysad:

It's only a few more minutes now after more than a hour of updating...

If it matters, I think I found what the problem is with the browser problem; it may very well be a router problem

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/wireless-adapters/38852-d-link-dsl-2640s-problems-blackberry.html

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband-Setup-Cabling/D-Link-router-amp-Blackberry-WiFi-connection...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

newcomer9747 wrote:

Oh shucks I am almost done with updating the OS with 570... I dled DM and only 570 showed up for update, didn't get any 600 :smileysad:

It's only a few more minutes now after more than a hour of updating...

If it matters, I think I found what the problem is with the browser problem; it may very well be a router problem

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/wireless-adapters/38852-d-link-dsl-2640s-problems-blackberry.html

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband-Setup-Cabling/D-Link-router-amp-Blackberry-WiFi-connection...

Sorry, I didn't read your post deep enough to realize you were having an issue with WiFi. It's the first time that I've heard a problem with Dlink routers. I'll have to remember this. AS far as the OS you're updating to, it should also work. Any updated OS should. Hopefully it will work better with your router. Let us know, cuz I'm very interested.

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
newcomer9747

Updated with 570. No luck with the "unable to find requested server" issue.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

newcomer9747 wrote:

Updated with 570. No luck with the "unable to find requested server" issue.

Bummer. So, you have made sure that the router info is correctly entered into your Torch, right? Just had to ask.

And I take it you are using a D-Link router?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
newcomer9747

Yup on Dlink ADSL 2460B. Reports on the internet seems to consistent with what I'm facing. I'm kind of sad now, after having spent quite a big on a BB only to get this... I don't see switching to a diff router as a perm solution, I'd rather it be a device setting rather than router. I'm always on the go so I can forse this is a huge issue for me. Well, it's a burnt investment for me...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

newcomer9747 wrote:

Yup on Dlink ADSL 2460B. Reports on the internet seems to consistent with what I'm facing. I'm kind of sad now, after having spent quite a big on a BB only to get this... I don't see switching to a diff router as a perm solution, I'd rather it be a device setting rather than router. I'm always on the go so I can forse this is a huge issue for me. Well, it's a burnt investment for me...

I have an inexpensive Netgear router and have never had issues with my Torch. The only issues I have is when my daughter is home from college. Her computer is on, my wife's computer is on, my son has two devices on and my BB usually gets bumped off because the router is not duel band. Just got to buy a more expensive model. I'm glad that you found the D-Link issues with blackberrys.

Please use plain text.