06-07-2012 06:02 AM
Hi I've got a Torch 9800, about a year old and the touchscreen QWERTY keyboard has stopped working, it simply never appears so I have to use the slide out keyboard for texts, e-mails, messages etc.
That said, the other touch screen actions and track ball all work fine. I've tried a re-boot and that makes no difference. Anyone got any ideas or is it likely something inside broken?
06-07-2012 12:05 PM
I have a very similar problem. Every once in a while, the touchscreen keyboard will begin working again (I don't know what I do that reactivates it). However, if I slide the phone open, even by mistake, then the keyboard will stop working until I take the phone through some magic combination of actions. Please help!
I have tried hard-rebooting the phone (battery out and back in after 10+ seconds), and I have also tried restoring the phone from a backup.
Thanks in advance for your help!
06-07-2012 12:14 PM
What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.
I would try a newer OS if not on it already.
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
06-07-2012 12:26 PM
On your BlackBerry device
06-07-2012 12:30 PM
06-07-2012 12:33 PM
Sorry, I am not being obtuse, I realised that but in what box? If I simply type MYVER it says "indexing search results may be incomplete" and takes me to my a scren displaying a few icons for YouTube, Blackberry Apps, Google and a few others. It does not return the OS version number.
06-07-2012 12:37 PM
06-07-2012 12:38 PM
start a new message and in the body type in MYVER and hit the space bar once