Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
vickieh
My Device: 9800 Torch
Accepted Solution

9800 Torch - separate unread count for text messages from unread messages

On my previous Blackberry (Tour) I could see the unread count for text messages separately from the unread messages (email) on thd home screen.

This is important to me, because I can see any next text messages (I am in IT and use these as a paging mechanism for system outages) separately from email, even without signing into my blackberry.

Can I get these separated out on my Torch?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: 9800 Torch - separate unread count for text messages from unread messages

Go to the Messages app and hit the menu key and go to Options.  Then select "inbox management."  Uncheck "Text Messages."  That should put your text messages into their own folder and I believe you'll get a separate message count for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
vickieh
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: 9800 Torch - separate unread count for text messages from unread messages

Thank you!

I had previously selected that option (instead of deslecting) thinking I definitely wanted text messages, not realizing it was combining the text messages in the same mail box.

Can't thank you enough for a small, but important option!