Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

9800 camera question

I just started using a 9800 and seem to be having difficulties with my camera.  I can take pictures (and the quality is fantastic compared to my Bold 9000), but the response time is horrible.  When I press the button to take the picture, it's roughly 5 seconds before the camera even snaps the picture.... which makes shots of moving objects almost impossible.  Considering most of my pictures tend to be of my 3 year old, this poses a huge issue since it's a nightmare to get him to sit still long enough to take pictures of him.

I checked all of the settings and cant find any that will make the pictures snap any faster.  I thought setting the Scene Mode to "Sports" might help, but there was no change at all.

Is this happening to anyone else?  Or better yet, is there a setting that I may be overlooking that will speed things up?  Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Jeff

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 9800 camera question

It takes my 9800 about 3 seconds as well.  Fairly common for digital cameras.  My Nikon seems to take forever.

Contributor
My Device: ex-Torch 9800, now Bold 9700

Re: 9800 camera question

Same here, my N1 and Bold 9700 were much faster.  Also lost sepia, b/w and a good macro setting going to this phone from the Bold. 

It seems that the Autofocus - Single Shot setting takes even longer but gets better focus.

-----------------------------
Jules
My ongoing Torch review/notes