Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

9810 Help!!

Hi

downloaded a new BB Desktop Manager yesterday adn thereafter a new build for 9810 software through DTM.  The 9810 worked fine all day and shutdown as normal last night but this morning wont restart - it continually comes up wioth a text menu instead of the frontscreen and tells me that (almost) all the applications are missing - the only one i can use is the Calculator!!

I have soft booted, Fully Powered Down and removed the battery but cannot get to the Options or Set-up Menu's to reset the device...

,,, Any ideas ?

Thanks

RogeS

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 9810 Help!!

Okay, let's try a fresh install of the OS.  Please use the following instructions and let us know how you make out.

Download an app to your PC called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). You will use this to wipe the OS from your device. You can get it here: www.bbsak.org

Download the most current OS for your device, which I think you said you've already done.

Connect your device to your PC and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password. If you don't have one set for your device, just click OK.

Choose the option to Wipe Device. When completed, you will be left with a white screen and an app error 507, which means the wipe was successful.

Disconnect your device.

On your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the file at the bottom called vendor.xml.

Connect your device.

In that same folder as above, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your OS.

Let us know if this works for you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Excellent - Many Thanks

I failed the first time as i think the web connection was lost but then re-tried and 72 hours later all is working fine.

Thanks again

R

Highlighted
Visitor
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Hi, my 9810 is on OS &.1 Bundle 1310...when I connected it to my laptop it told me that an update was available...I installed the update but my phone keeps freezing and I have to do like 8 battery pulls or more per day...I had down load the quick pull app but it has not helped so...could I use this techique which you advised this person about.