Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

9810 Recent Call Number Format

The calls listed in the Recent Call section of the 9810 are shown as a solid 10-digit block. Any one know how to set the format of these numbers to add a separator - dashes, periods, or spaces - to make the numbers easier to read and faster to identify?  Have been unable to find anything in the device of in the 9810 user guide. Thanks.

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9810 Recent Call Number Format

Are these numbers also in your Address Book as contacts?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Actually, no. I want to change the default format of numbers that appear in the call logs - recent, made, received  - or, in fact, anywhere a phone number appears. The current 10-digit block of numbers is hard to read, and rather difficult to sort out visually, when there is a list. Being able to add a space, hyphen, or period in the usual places would greatly improve readibility  and usability.

If a number matches one you've got in your Address Book it will take on that format.

There's not a way to format the incoming number from the call list etc., otherwise, it is what the Caller ID reports, or what you dial, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

That's disappointing. I just moved to the 9810 from a Nokia e71x. The default call format in the call logs on the Nokia is that they are shown in a standard format using spaces between the usual number groupings.  Waaay easier to use. The phone numbers do not need to be in the address book to take on the format.

If Blackberry folks are monitoring this forum, please seriously consider either changing the default number format, or provide the option to define the number format in this area. Trust me, trying to find, or discern the salient details of, a number in a list of solid 10-digit blocks is a visual pain, and takes several times longer than if the list is shown with  standard groupings. Salient details include area code, exchange, part of town, country,  There is a lot of information in a phone number. My ability to use this information has just gotten harder.  Please make it easy to use.

JSanders, thanks for taking the time to offer your response. I appreciate your help. Hope your day goes well.

Hey, you're welcome. Sorry I don't know of a better solution.

If there is one, and someone else knows such, please chime in.

Knowledge Base Updates