08-12-2013 03:49 PM
This 9810 was doing a wireless software update and got as far as 19% overall back-up (Social Feeds) when it locked-up - it was left running overnight with no change. Switching the phone off and on returns it to the same point; removing and replacing the battery automatically starts the update process again, until it gets to 19% and locks up again. ALT and CAPS key toggle on the screen when pressed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-12-2013 03:56 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
There are two methods of recovery for you to try:
Good luck and let us know!
08-16-2013 04:24 PM
Hi - thanks for the welcome and the info. Unfortunately, neither method have worked - after attemting the first method the ' initializing handheld' message didn't appear, just a battery symbol with a red cross through it. The phone now displays Error 507 Reload Software, and will not start in Safe Mode...
08-16-2013 04:33 PM
Oh no...now you have a more catastrophic problem...507 means that everything is gone from your BB -- the OS, your apps, your data, everything. So, first we need to recover the functionality of your BB, and then you will need to restore from your most recent backup.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (moot in your situation, since you can't take one now)
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
You may also need the use of these tricks, but please substitute 6a or 6b above if any instruct you to use a website:
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
08-16-2013 06:31 PM