Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
srandazzo01
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile
Accepted Solution

9810 Won't Charge

Hello, I've been having trouble charging my 9810. When I plug my phone in the charging bolt doesn't show up on the battery, instead I get the usb symbol on the battery. I have to keep unplugging and then plugging my phone and after several tries the bolt shows up and it begins charging my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9810 Won't Charge

Are you using the charger that came with the device? Does the charger charge other devices ok?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
srandazzo01

Yes, I have been using the charger that came with the device and it charges other phones with no problem. I've connected it also to other charges and even a car charger and the same thing, I have to plug and replug several times before it charges.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It sounds like the USB port on the side of the device might be damaged or dirty. Can you look in there with a magnifying glass and see if you see any dirt or lint or if the flat plug with the metal contact strips is damaged?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
srandazzo01

I looked and it seems the one metal contact is higher then the others.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It sounds like the USB port is damaged and that's why it doesn't charge. It's possible it can be temporarily fixed by bending it back down to where it's supposed to be but it is definitely damaged. It might be a good idea to talk to your carrier and see if they will cover it under warranty.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
srandazzo01

I will try that. Thank you for your help.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Good luck with it.

John
Please use plain text.