Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
coletam23
My Device: Torch 9810

9810 is bricked??

I recently was using my 9810 and it was continually freezing up and was running slow. I removed the battery to reboot the phone and when I did it took forever to reboot and when the home screen came up it had multiple errors (API is  not active), (uncaught exception java.lang.error), and (uncaught exception App registry. wait for Oxf405d42294c6940e timeout). I tried to go through these but it won't clear them out and after a few minutes it goes to a white screen and says APP error 603 and then shuts off and reboots againg and the process continues. I tried connecting the phone to my laptop and it won't connect. What is happening and is the phone nuked?? Please help!!!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: 9810 is bricked??

It sounds like you'll need to reload your OS. To do this, you'll need to get your phone connected to BlackBerry Desktop Software. If your phone won't connect, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
coletam23
My Device: Torch 9810

I used the link that you gave me and updated the software on my computer per the instructions but when I try to connect the phone now it says there is a fatal error and the screen is white. Is there anything else I can try??

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hmmm....that doesn't sound promising. I believe that's the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

Any ideas, anybody? :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.