Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
darthninja
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

9810 not charging since upgrading to OS7.1

Device info

Your carrier: Rogers Mobile

Blackberry 9810 (3G/H+, Wi-Fi)

I upgraded to OS 7.1 last night, and since then my phone will not charge when plugged into the charger that came with the device. The charger from my wife's 9810 or the charger for either of our Playbooks. 

When plugged in the screen displays

"The charging source connected to your BlackBerry device cannot charge your battery"

I have completed a battery pull and wait 30 seconds, did not fix anything. Any help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sminde
My Device: Non device user but used to
My Carrier: ATT

Re: 9810 not charging since upgrading to OS7.1

If you had performed an over the air update then it may not have installed correctly, it is always best to connect to the computer if possible.  However, is it able to connect to the computer?  If it is you may be able to complete a backup on the desktop software and perform a clean reload.  You may want to call rogers first for assistance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darthninja

[ Edited ]

The update was through the desktop software and said it completed correctly.  The phone should charge whether connected to a network or not, so this is not a Rogers issue. Any time I phone Rogers, after 15-20mins on the phone with them, they always say "Please phone BlackBerry Technical Support directly".

Does anyone know if there is a setting that would have been turned on/off during the update?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darthninja

Update. If I pull the battery and reboot the phone, it charges. The next time I plug in the charger, it gives me the message about the charger not providing enough power to charge the phone. It also is not detected by my computer when connected.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

migt be a glitch with the OS, I am on 7.1.0.190 and dont have that issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darthninja

Well I'm not sure what the issue was, all of a sudden it just started accepting chargers again without having to pull the battery, plug into charger, and put battery back in.

An interesting little gremlin there.

Please use plain text.
Duckster
My Carrier: AT&T

I had thesame problem...! I'll be waiting for a reply to your question:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
craigster
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell mobility

I too am running OS 7.1 and have the same issue.  I find if I plug in then pull the battery, it will reboot and start charging. So this means its not a hardware problem as the charging works.  The phone does aknowledge a connection basedon the screen icons.  it appears that something in teh software turns off the ability to recognize the USB port properly. So I think I will keep looking to see if its an OS bug.

I called by provider, and the only help they offer was to send the phone in for repair.  That is a last resort.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My dell laptop and the wife's dell laptop do that every once in a while.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ijeanieb
My Carrier: AT&T

I purchased my Blackberry Torch 9810 yesterday and my chargers don't work either!  I was just getting ready to order another chaging system.  Now I think I will take it back to AT&T to get them to give another charger.  Thanks much!

Please use plain text.