Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: 9810 : the official OS releases

well RIM works a lot but if you look closely, RIM's customers are the carriers and not you and me, who are the carriers' customers. So it makes sense that RIM releases exclusively to carriers.
From a carrier point of view, you would not have a customer call you and demand support for OS7.1 if you have not trained your hotline team to OS7.1 for example.

About the testing channel, you may find some interesting things at the BlackBerry Beta Zone. I have no information because French citizens are not allowed to enter the Beta Zone (yet).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CarmenC
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Att

Thanks for this list although I think I'm more confused than ever now.

:Eek:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,843
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

CarmenC wrote:

Thanks for this list although I think I'm more confused than ever now.

:Eek:

Ha. What is it specifically you need to know?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1997 (Multilanguage)
For the BlackBerry handheld device 9810

Package Version: 7.1.0.1997
Consisting of:
Applications: 7.1.0.694
Software Platform: 5.1.0.507
File name: 9810M_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.694_AT_T .exe
File size: 244.3MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download the OS file here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your OS from above

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.